Friday 31 July 2009

Frienships


I recently had a very interesting conversation with a good friend of mine. Said friend and myself were minding our own business and having a nice little chat about friendships. We were talking about how for both of us our bestfriends are of the opposite sex. It then reminded me of a conversation i had with an ex a couple of years ago where he said that men and women, boys and girls will never be just friends. Someone will always want more. And while that may be true of some boys, alot of men can have very good friendships with women.


Now then said boyfriend at the time was over a decade my senior. So me and my friend got thinking. We came to the realisation that it must be a generation thing. We have been brought up where women are treated differently and expect to be treated differently. So me and my two very close male friends have a great relationship. We can both bounce ideas off each other and sometimes have very different ways of seeing things. We also both go to the other for great dating advice. I know that i will always be there for my best friend, because we've been through so much already, that at least I can always trust one bloke who not related to me by blood.
So bye for now and remember that friendships come in many different boxes, different sizes, different shapes but they all have the same on the inside. Honesty. Trust. Longevity.
:)
Lisa Marie
-x-x-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment