Saturday 5 September 2009

My Good Deed for the week/month/rest of the year

Well the day finally came today. My day for giving blood. While I was super nervous about doing it, it is something I have been meaning to do for a while. I think everyone who can give blood should give blood. No matter what your blood type. All kinds are needed especially if you have a common blood type.

I first thought about giving blood years ago. This was when my dad used to donate on a semi regular basis. I have also expressed to my family members that I wish to be an organ donor come the day I'm no longer here (which hopefully wont be for a loooooonng time). But while I have always thought about giving blood I have never actually taken the next step. That was until my cousin's wife lost a lot of blood during child birth. It seems that this gave me the push I needed to finally go online and register.

So I have now given my pint of blood and hopefully that will help someone who really needs it. Lets just hope next time I give blood I don't faint like I did do today!!

LMM
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment