Saturday 22 May 2010

How Being in A Bad Mood Makes Me A Better Writer

Last week I was doing some work on my book. I'd hit a bit of wall progressing the characters the way I wanted. That all changed after someone annoyed me so much it but me in the worse mood, for three days. So as I worked my way through what one of my friends calls 'the depressing collection' on my iTunes, I was able to really get my creative juices flowing. Now then I'm not saying that I need to be angry to finish this book. But I do think that by forcing my mind to be on something else I was able to be more creative. I was so glad for the distraction and in a way it was almost therapeutic.

Now then I'm the type of person who can't write in complete silence. It drives me up the wall. But I also came to realise that this is not the first time, that getting me angry or annoyed about something has made me act this way. Or listening to the really depressing type of music has helped me a better writer than I was before. What's even more surprising to me is that I've still been able to write the love story the way I planned to right from the start. And my characters are not the depressing type.

Anyway that's my little rant over with for today. Hope your day's a happy one :)

Lisa Marie
-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment