Friday 18 March 2011

Top 5: Things I value in a friendship

All of my friends know I love them a lot. They know that I will be there for them any time, anywhere. This Friday's Top 5... blog post is what I value in a friendship.


(In no particular order.)



No 1.) Trust
I'm not the most trusting of people. But the people I do have, I trust a lot. What type of relationship can you have with anyone if you don't have trust.


No 2.) Someone who is there for you.
Every friend you have in your life should be someone you share your joy with, or can go to when you NEED that shoulder to cry on. Friends, true friends, will be there for you through the good, the bad and everything in between.


No 3.) Someone who will listen.
If you have something on your mind a good friend will sit and listen. All night if they have to.


No 4.) Honesty.
A real friend will tell you the truth and be honest with you. They will call you out on your shit. They will tell you the truth about things, especially when they know you don't want to hear it.


No 5.) Someone who accept you for who you are.
Your friends should accept you for you are. They don't try and change you. They push you to be better but still let you be true to yourself. Even though you might not have everything in common with your friends, you still love them for who they are.


Hope everybody has a good Friday and a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with all those things. Trust being the most important for sure. I feel so blessed to have met my best friend in college, she is truly the first person that I have felt comfortable telling everything to. I'd only wish I'd met her sooner! High school seemed full of fake relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all of these! I think being there is really important-- when my "adoptive" dad/ mentor died my 'friend' said she was there for me, but she spent the whole weekend with her bf

    ReplyDelete
  3. No 5. is so important to me. good top 5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comments. With the exception of my best friend (who I've known since I was about 6) my best friendships have come once I left school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree. Its a rare thing to find in people as you get older :)

    http://quarterlifetalesofanniebean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete