Monday 14 February 2011

February 14th – My Valentines Day Rant

(Photo credit: Photobucket)

I'm so glad valentines day has fallen on a work day. As anyone has read my blog knows I'm a sucker for romance, but even when I've been with someone at valentines I've still hated this day. Its such a money making 'holiday'. Its a day that makes guys feel guilty if they don't do something special for there girlfriend. Companies are able to charge more money for chocolates and wines etc than they would do normally.







I was in work with a male colleague and he made such a valid point. That everything being sold for valentines is aimed at women. All the chocolate hearts, pink wines, candles, stuffed bears are all presents you'd get your special lady friend. Do guys really want any of this shit? I doubt it. You shouldn't need a 'special' day to tell the person you love that you love them.






Any way so rant over. See you Wednesday for my new writers Wednesday post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment