Thursday 1 July 2010

Day 10 Ladies Semi-Final Day


(Photo Credit: aeltc - N. Tingle)

What I liked about this years ladies semi-final matches was that both winners really had to work for there wins.

First up on centre court today saw Zvonareva and Pironkova. I must admit that at the start of this match I really wanted Pironkova to win after her performance against Venus Williams in the quarter finals. But by the third set I think Zvonareva had really been able to turn the match around. The former world number five was a real force and played so well and really deserves her place in the final.

After Kvitova pushed Serena Williams to a first set tie-break it looked like we had another possible shock at Wimbledon. Unfortunately for Kvitova she just didn't quite have enough shots to win the all important tie-break. While Williams won in straight sets the score doesn't quite give Kviova the credit she deserves. At times she was really pushing Williams and this was by no means an easy win for the American.

So Friday 2nd July will see the men's semi-finals and I honestly don't think I have seen a more exciting and wide open semi round in years. However my predictions for tomorrow are Djokovic to win against Berdych in four sets and Murray to beat Nadal in four sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment