Sunday 29 August 2010

Looking For Mr Right... Now!


I was recently watching something on the tv, and it got me thinking. Why do so many people settle for people they are too good for. All around us we have tv programmes, movies and books throwing at us unrealistic expectations of finding 'Mr/Mrs Right'. In most movies the girl and guy always end up together. In life though that's not always the case. You grow apart, the things you had in common seem to change and you become different people. I too have fallen into this trap. It doesn't make me big headed to think that I'm too good for someone. More learning from my mistakes. After all as we get older isn't this what is suppose to happen?


We all deserved to be wooed by that special someone. We all deserve to be happy. Sometimes though do we need to have different interests than that of our partner? After all we all need our own space. Next time you are looking at a guy stood at the bar, listening to someone who is making you laugh. Just look at them a little more closer. Instead of thinking 'is this the person I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with?'. Think 'is this person gonna be a fun person to be around?' We should all just live in the moment and not get so caught up in the future. After all living in the moment can be so much more fun.

Ok so I'm writing this post after having a thought the other day. I was thinking how six years ago I mentally made some thoughts of where I would be in ten years. Who I would be with. In this dream scenario I was happily settled down and professionally stable. But somewhere life got in the way and my wants and needs changed too. Someone you think might be great and the love of your life, might disappoint you. Suddenly your Mr Right has gone. So what I'm saying is this. Enjoy your life as it is. If some guy/girl is good to be around now just enjoy it. Eventually . 'Mr Right Now' will turn into Mr Right. And you won't have missed out on any of the fun along the way.

6 comments:

  1. hello lisa. :) nice entry. i actually have a similar post in my blog. I wrote it a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sentiment! Live in the moment, have fun, love and learn along the way. Great entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comments.

    Lacey really like your blog :) Thought your last post was really moving and well written.

    -x-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you! Plus it's easier to not worry about finding "Mr. Right" if you're out having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I am almost 21, but live in Utah... so the expectation is that I should be married. My mom always tells me to just settle for certain guys I date, but I won't. I feel like someone better is out there for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Court J you should never just settle :) Your Mr Right i out there waiting for you, you just have to be patient :)
    -x-x-

    ReplyDelete