Thursday 12 August 2010

With a little help from my friends!

Ok so yesterday I was having a hell of a day with technology. My sky+ decided it had, had enough and was going to just, well go to sleep. I must admit I did drop a couple of 'f-bombs' along the way. I know, I know shouting and swearing is not going to make it work any faster. But who cares. It made me feel better. Ok it sorta made me feel better.
To make a long story very short it all started Monday afternoon when I was getting ready for work. My sky box decided it was going to go to sleep. So I unplugged it all and prayed that when I got home it would all be working fine. (In the past this has always worked.) Not this time however. Oh no. This time my sky box decided it was going to play silly beggars. Deciding I was too annoyed to deal with at 10.30 at night (and missing Chelsea Lately :( on E!) I thought I'll deal with this tomorrow when I've free all day. But no matter what I tried, and believe me I tried everything the 'help book' (yeah right) told me to do. Its then I saw my BFF K was on msn and since she too has sky, and is a hell of lot more tech savy than I am, decided to pick her brain. She advised to reboot the damn thing. Ok that sounds like a great idea. Have no idea how to that but sounds good. After all that always works with my laptop he he. So she told me what I needed to do. I did it still didn't work. It got to the point where bill in hand I started to dial the number for a helpline when what happens. The bugger decides to come off standby and start working. I swear my box just knew he was in trouble.
So yes in future once you have tried every available option I say start to dial the number of the helpline etc and I bet the thing you thought was broken will start to work. Honestly. Just try it.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like me!! i'm not great when things go wrong and even though i know shouting and screaming doesn't work it makes you feel better for about 2 seconds, it reminds me of the SATC episode where tvo doesnt work and she misses the episode of her fav soap lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone can relate to this... sends me potty when there's a unexpected power cut and work hasn't been saved... big arghhhh!

    x.o.x.o
    ps thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete